Institute for Aerodynamics and Gas Dynamics (IAG)
University of Stuttgart
- Aerodynamic and aeroacoustic airfoil design and optimization
- Aerodynamic and aeroacoustic airfoil testing in the Laminar Wind Tunnel
- Manufacturing of high quality wind tunnel models
- CFD simulations of complete wind turbines including atmospheric boundary layer and wake interaction
- Fluid-structure coupling, aeroelasticity
- Aeroacoustics, including development of noise prediction models
- Boundary layer control and transition
- Complex terrain, complex computing (29/09/2020) Modelling wind over complex terrain is one of the great challenges for the wind energy community. It’s also a great ...
- Environment Minister Franz Untersteller Visits Institute of Aerodynamics and Gas Dynamics (17/03/2015) On March 18, 2015, Baden-Württemberg Environment Minister Franz Untersteller and Nikolaus Tschenk, member of the State Parliament of Baden-Württemberg, visited ...
- IEA Topical Expert Meeting “Wind Energy in Complex Terrain” (13/11/2013) From 12-13 November 2013, the Endowed Chair of Wind Energy of Stuttgart University (SWE) was host to an expert meeting ...
- WindForS Research Project “Lidar Complex” Funded (01/10/2012) The German Federal Environment Ministry (BMU) has approved the research project “Lidar Complex” providing funding for three years. The project ...