Institute for Meteorology and Climate Research, Atmospheric Environmental Research (IMK-IFU)
Specialist research areas
- Atmospheric environmental research (IMK-IFU)
- Measurement and modelling of wind and turbulence profiles
- Meteorological basics for offshore wind farms
- Wind farm model
- Numerical Models (KAMM, WRF)
- The importance of forest drag for wind power applications in complex terrain (30/01/2020)WindForS was founded to investigate the effect of complex, hilly terrain on wind energy. In this research update, Dr. Daniel ...
- X-wakes: Investigating how offshore wind farms change the wind (02/11/2019)More and more wind farms are being built in the waters around Europe, Asia, and soon in the USA. But as ...