The Faculty of Building Services, Energy, and Environment (GEU)
At Esslingen University of Applied Sciences
- Power electronics
- Electrical machines and propulsion concepts
- Design and simulation of mechatronical systems
- Gear and bearing design
- Energy storage
- 3D-Wind field simulation for site assessment in complex terrain
- Pragmatic Wind Modeling: Aligning Research in Germany and Switzerland (23/04/2019) Computer models allow us to estimate the winds across wind energy plants before and after construction. They are vital tools for wind farm design and operation, but are expensive to run and have a significant learning curve. And accuracy can vary quite a bit, too. So how do you choose the right model? How do you find the ...
- Flow Modelling at Esslingen University of Applied Sciences (05/12/2017) In the November 2017 edition of the Esslingen University of Applied Sciences’ Spektrum magazine, there’s an article by Professor Hermann Knaus about his work with WindForS, particularly about modeling winds at the complex terrain test site. Spektrum is published by the University of Esslingen and provides updates about research, teaching, events, and people. It gives a view ...
- WindForS at Windenergie Messe Offenburg (16/11/2017) Andrew Clifton and Hermann Knaus presented the WindFors research platform at the Offenburg Windenergie Messe on November 16.
- Sustainability Day At Esslingen University Of Applied Sciences (03/06/2016) Within the framework of the Baden-Württemberg Sustainability Days the “Studienzentrum für Nachhaltige Entwicklung – Study Centre for Sustainable Development” of Hochschule Esslingen held a symposium on 3 June. The symposium was chaired by Professor Hermann Knaus.