Planning and design of a wind energy test site in complex terrain in southern Germany
On the basis of the results of the planning and design process, a wind test site with one or two turbines of the 600-900 KW class is intended to be built.
- The test site will be used to prepare, test and validate new technologies in terms of materials, design methods, aerodynamics, load monitoring, noise reduction, manufacturing engineering, operation management, measurement tools and techniques as well as monitoring.
- Further research will focus on energy storage and grid integration. Issues of landscape aesthetics and ecology are also taken into account in the planning and design process and will play an important part once the test site is in operation.
The project was lead by Stuttgart Wind Energy (SWE) at the University of Stuttgart.
- Final Report (German only): https://dx.doi.org/10.2314/GBV:882998560
KONTEST was funded by the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy:
- Project number 0325656A-D
- Project duration 01.11.2013 – 30.09.2015