Development of LIDAR technologies for detecting wind field structures with regard to optimising wind energy use in mountainous-complex terrain.
Development of procedures for Lidar measurements in topographically complex terrain, including:
- Development and validation of wind field models for complex terrain
- Measurement and analysis of the special wind conditions and turbulent structures in complex terrain
- Validation of models and measurement methods for complex terrain at a location compliant with IEC standards
- Simulation of flow in complex terrain and of the interaction between wind flow and turbine, support through lidar measurements, comparison of simulation results with wind tunnel measurements on terrain model and with in-situ measurements.
- Applying the comprehensive wind field measurement and simulation data to predict power performance and load behaviour of wind turbines using a generic turbine model
Lidar Complex was lead by Stuttgart Wind Energy (SWE) at the University of Suttgart.
Funded by the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy
- Project number 0325519
- Project duration 01.10.2012 – 30.06.2016